Statement presented by Sri Lanka Cuba friendship Association on occasion of the 63rd. anniversary of the Cuban Revolution
- First and foremost it is with great motivation that the Sri Lanka – Cuba Friendship Society presents its warm comradely well wishes to the President of Cuba, the Prime Minister, and the Cuban citizen comrades on the 63rd. anniversary celebration of the inspiring, Great Cuban revolution. We take this opportunity to state here, in this context that we salute with utmost respect the invaluable as well as resounding guidance provided by late comrade Fidel Castro, the leader par-excellence together with great companion, late comrade Ernesto Che Guevara and comrade Raul Castro who is living with us today.
- The great victory of the Cuban revolution was not only created a novel example and a guidance for the Cuban people and to Cuba alone, but it paved the way ahead for the whole world. We take this opportunity to remind the fact that we join with the other nations who bring in their comradely wishes for the inspiration, motivation and the mammoth strength provided to the rest of the world against; imperialism, colonialism while guiding the freedom struggles, struggles for national freedom, sovereignty by the people of Cuba.
- We also admire the valiant efforts taken to gear up and to steer up the morale of the Cubans by the Cuban leaders against the Western block together with the US imposing trade embargos and indirect sanctions, with the intention of creating embarrassment on the freedom, independence and the people of Cuba.
- We sincerely appreciate and acknowledge for the humane and brotherly spirit displayed by the health sector of Cuba for extending their helping hand during the ongoing Covid pandemic as well as during the Tsunami calamity some years back, again particularly the Cuban universities that continuously provide opportunities to follow higher studies in them¡ for our local students.
- We express our gratitude with respect for the unstinted Cuban policy of coming forward without hesitation to the progressive march ahead of Sri Lanka in her local and international achievements in political, economic, social spheres.